2. Players agree to REMAIN SILENT except during their turn. To encourage LISTENING and UNDERSTANDING and to discourage probing and challenging.
3. Players should have pencil and paper to jot down personal thoughts and/or questions to ask the other players. To be used at appropriate time. (see #7 & 8 below)
4. Select the deck of cards to be used. DECK #1 contains LIGHTHEARTED topics. A great ice breaker or fun way to get acquainted.
DECK #2 deals with more SERIOUS subjects. This deck works better after a group is acquainted and has practiced sharing, listening and responding to Deck #1.
NOTE: Blank cards are included so players can write questions of their own design and insert them into the decks.
5. Each player selects a playing piece and places it on the QUESTION / COMMENT space nearest to him/her. Determine the length of playing time. For optimum results, 45 minutes to 1 hour is suggested. Extra time may be desired at the conclusion of the game for talking about the experience.
6. After determining who will go first, player rolls the die and moves his/her marker in the direction the spaces indicate. Player to the left takes the next turn.
7. A player landing on an UNGAME® space should draw a card from the deck, read it aloud and answer in 2 or 3 sentences.
Remember, no other player can comment at this time! Thoughts and ideas can be jotted down on scratch paper and shared when landing on a QUESTION / COMMENT space.
8. When landing on a QUESTION / COMMENT space, a player may:
A. Ask another player a question regarding something noted on scratch paper, something previously shared, or anything that comes to mind.
Examples: “What do you like to do in your spare time?”
“Why did you answer that question the way you did?”
“How do you feel about _______".
The question may be answered at this time.
B. Make a comment on ANY subject. Player has the opportunity to say whatever is on his/her mind OR refer to what has been noted on scratch paper.
Examples: “This is how I feel regarding ________"
“I think I understand the way you feel.
“How I would answer that last question is ________" “I really appreciate you!”
The other players listen without responding.
9. When landing on an “IF YOU ....... “ space, the player should read the statement aloud and respond by moving to the corresponding “EMOTION” area if it applies OR staying on the space if it does not apply. Player should share his/her reasons. On the next turn, the player in the Emotion area starts his/her move on the space indicated by the EXIT arrow.
10. If the player lands on a CHOICE space, he/she may choose whether to draw a card, ask a question or make a comment.